Mineral Exploration, Mining, Infrastructure, Environmental
Following its tradition of innovative drilling solutions, Boart Longyear is proud to offer the most advanced Sonic drill on the market. With innovative designs and patented technologies, the LS™600 drills deeper, produces more accurate samples and serves more markets than any other Sonic rig to date.
- Less than 1% Drill Deviation - Superior Information
- Sonic drilling provides a continuous, relatively undisturbed core sample of unparalleled quality and accuracy through any type of formation. With less than 1% drilling deviation, drillers know exactly where a sample is coming from.
- 80% Reduced Waste - Waste Reduction
- Sonic drilling reduces waste by up to 80% relative to conventional methods, reducing the expensive disposal of contaminated waste.
- 2 Times Faster - Performance
- The LS™600 is twice as fast as conventional overburden sampling methods.
- Advanced Rod and Casing Management System
The LS600 utilizes a fingerboard for rod storage, a patented spring-loaded Clam Shell for safe rod management, a 90° head tilt for easy tripping and a full support vehicle equipped with a Gantry crane for presenting rods to the head.