Training & Education
The ability to operate, maintain, and troubleshoot your own drilling equipment starts with a basic understanding of the various components at work on a particular rig. With our training programs, we provide the information needed to properly operate and perform basic repairs on Boart Longyear equipment.
Our comprehensive field and factory-based training programs focus on teaching the proper operation, maintenance, and basic repair of Boart Longyear drilling equipment. Our hands-on and classroom-based training allows for a perfect mix of both theory and practical application.
For information about training and education in your area, please contact your Parts and Services Representative.
LF™ Drilling Equipment Training
Being able to operate, maintain and troubleshoot your own drilling equipment starts with understanding how and why all the various components work. We will provide you with the key information needed to properly operate and perform basic repairs on your LF™ drilling equipment.
- Clarification of hydraulic symbols and schematics
- Disassembly and reassembly of major components
- HQ™ and PQ™ head training and troubleshooting
- Instruction on component locations and functionality
- How to diagnose system versus component problems
LM™ Drilling Equipment Training
This training program is a five day course that has been designed to equip your maintenance teams with an understanding of how to maintain, adjust and troubleshoot your Boart Longyear LM™ drilling equipment.
- Overview of LM™ 30/45/55/75/90/110 Rigs
- Overview of hydraulic system and electrical group
- Adjusting hydraulic valves
- Understanding hydraulic circuits
- Oils and filtration
- Rod holder functionality and maintenance
- Rotation unit and chuck repairs
- Feed frame maintenance and repairs
- Fine feed system
- Hydraulic troubleshooting
Rock Drill Training Program
Boart Longyear Service Technicians will provide you with the key information needed to operate and perform basic repairs on your hydraulic and pneumatic rock drills. This program is designed to reinforce the importance of proper maintenance, lubrication and usage of your rock drill to ensure optimum performance.
- Hydraulic and pneumatic rock drill overview
- Disassembly and reassembly of rock drills
- Component tolerance
- Product failure analysis
Three Programs are Available
Option A: Two day training program focused on hydraulic rock drills
Option B: Three day training program focused on pneumatic rock drills
Option C: Five day training program covering both hydraulic and pneumatic drills
Courses can be held at your location or at the training facility in North Bay, Ontario. For further details on the Rock Drill Training Program, or to book a course please contact your local Parts and Services Representative.