Recognition For EHS Practices in Indonesia
In November 2011, Vale auditors from Brazil and Australia performed Global Health Safety Environmental and Compliance (HSEC) Audits which included the Hu’u Copper Project, Indonesia. Boart Longyear is working on this site and was also as part of the audit.
The auditors found that Boart Longyear has very good HSEC systems in place. Nigel Rogers (Regional HSEC Coordinator Australasia) stated, “….I was pleased to see that the auditors identified Boart Longyear as having a ‘Very Good HSEC System in place’ which is a credit to you and the Boart Longyear team….Well Done!”
Good practices sited were:
- Open HSEC dialogue with workers
- Good effort towards continual improvement in terms of HSEC performance
- Good HSEC systems in place
- Tremendous effort by project coordinator and HSEC focal point in the last several months
- Information produced in 2 languages
- Helicopter use is included in induction
- General induction for visitors
Special congratulations to Rob Te Hira (Site Manager), Edi Sucipto (Site Supervisor) and the team for their safety efforts and for receiving client recognition.
Environmental, Health and Safety Achievements
Boart Longyear’s goal is zero workplace injuries, zero new cases of occupational illnesses and zero environmental incidents.