THE LF™160 RIG
LF™160 DRILL RIG & FL262 FREEDOM™ LOADER
TOTALLY HANDS-FREE ROD HANDLING
Boart Longyear has combined proven technology from its most popular surface coring drill rigs to create the powerful LF™160. When paired with the FL262 FREEDOM™ Loader, the LF160 combination is ideal for contractors who want to target sophisticated surface drilling exploration contracts that stipulate some of the highest safety standards, without compromising on productivity.
TOP 5 FEATURES OF THE LF™160
- TILTING TOP HEAD DRIVE The tilting top drive head simplifies rod handling with built-in tools and functionality.
- FOOT CLAMPING AND BREAKING DEVICE The foot clamp and breaking device is four tools built into one.
- VISUAL WIRELINE Wireline winch is located in front of the mast, inside the rotation barrier for improved visibility.
- VERSATILITY OF CARRIERS The LF160 can be ordered as either a Crawler or Truck mount configuration.
- DRILLER SAFETY FEATURES CE certification (Machinery Directive 2006/42/ EC) according to the latest EN16228 safety standards available.
Get More Details
Introducing the FL262, the first product in Boart Longyear’s emerging FREEDOM™ rod loaders, handlers and presenters. Our cutting-edge range has been engineered with drillers’ safety and productivity front-of-mind.
TILTING TOP HEAD DRIVE
The tilting top drive head simplifies rod handling with built-in tools and functionality such as the rod clamp, the spring-loaded floating spindle, and the tilting function of the head. Learn More…
FOOT CLAMP AND BREAKING DEVICE
The foot clamp and breaking device is four tools built into one: the lower rod clamp, upper rod clamp, a rod making alignment device, and a rod centralizer. Learn More…
Wireline winch is located in front of the mast, inside the rotation barrier for improved visibility. The driller can monitor the wireline spooling from control panel, avoiding tangling of wire rope typically experienced while lowering overshot. Learn More…
Join our email list and receive information regarding promotions, product announcements, and details that you simply cannot go without.